Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 3.151: Climbing, climbing thwarted

I arrived home to scenes of chaos - E5N1 had crushed his finger with a large stone and it had turned a lovely shade of purple. I used my professional judgement (I am a doctor you know - albeit not the kind you need at times like this) to decide against an inevitably long-winded trip to the ER but it was a close-run thing.  Not for the first time as a parent I find myself hoping that if I got it wrong the results will not be irreversible.

After he had largely recovered, Exile #2 took him off to bed and the girls stayed outside for a while.  Exile #3 is honing her tree-climbing skills and Exile #4 is doing her best to get some of her own.

I can only assume they were playing outside and enjoying the first day of the summer break when the UPS delivery man arrived with my new squirrel defenses - when I checked the tracking for the parcel just before I left work it said "DELIVERED - LEFT WITH GIRL".  As you can see I have installed it - time will tell if the squirrels find it as baffling as they are supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!