Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 3.161: Happy --- Day to us!

What could be more appropriate than celebrating Father's Day on the anniversary of the birth of my first-born child? Incidentally, since she has now learned to ignore me calling her middle name to attract her attention as she did some time before with her first name, I sometimes address her as 'First-born Daughter' - she isn't too keen on that.

Here we are at her birthday party - she chose to go with three friends (only two could make it) to Hoffman's Playland in place of a big invite-lots-of-friends get-together. It worked out quite nicely and since Dads rode for free because it was Father's Day - I had a few more rides than I would normally have done.

But I am getting ahead of myself. The day started with the kids waking me up to mark Father's Day with various grilling accessories. We moved from that into present-opening for Exile #3's 8th Birthday - Eight? Seriously??

Her friends arrived in the late morning and, after a quick lunch we headed out to find birthday cake - or to be more accurate, half a dozen birthday cakes - at 'Betties Double-decker Cupcake Stand'.  What a great selection of varieties, gluten-free and vegan and even dog-friendly cupcakes!  Everyone chose their own and we went up to the top deck to eat them - fantastic!  As a bonus, this bus has made nearly the same journey in life as me so far - having been made about 30 miles away from where I grew up.

From there it was off to Hoffman's where it seems like some fun was had.


More pictures on my Flickr account.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!