Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 3.147: Old-time fun


Hanging out at Hoffman's Playland with long-term locals of our generation is fun - they all have stories of their first visits as kids and their favourite rides from their youth. Most of the rides are unchanged from these 30 year-old memories having opened in 1952.

This ride's old-time appeal caused a stir today though. "Part of me hates to see them playing with guns," remarked another parent to me.  I agreed - it is certainly something we have never encouraged in our children. However, I'm not too worried about it and a part of me is glad that this along with so much else at this place is unchanged. Another part of me hates to see them playing with guns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!