Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 3.246: Unattended children


This morning E5N1 was in pre-school for the first time - and Exile #2 began a new chapter in her life where for a regular scheduled time she has no direct parental supervisory responsibility for the first time in over eight years. She celebrated by going shopping - grocery shopping. Oh well, she'll get the hang of it in the end I'm sure!

I marked the day by going for an early-morning swim. I've been doing fairly well with my two nights a week, but realised that I was unlikely to ever manage to go more than twice a week that way - so we'll see how mornings work out this week.

The sign is from Riverview Orchard yesterday - we were tempted to 'unattend' our children to see if they would be true to their word in point 5, but decided to go and see the donut robot instead. I'm pretty sure that E5N1 was expecting something more like an artificial human, but whether he was expecting it to be making or made-from donuts I do not know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!