Monday, June 11, 2007

Day 152: Happy Birthday 3 Today!

Today started for me at 2 am when I woke to the sound of running water in the bathroom. When I went to investigate I discovered that no-one was there and there was no running tap (faucet) but a recurrence of a regular problem with the cistern valve on the toilet. Having fixed this I heard voices and found Exile #4 sitting up in Exile #3's bed with her with the light on looking at books. No wonder they are tired in the day at times.

Anyway, I put a swift end to that and we were able to start Exile #4's birthday again at 6.30. Here she is with her birthday cakes.

Soon after this Exile #2's parents left to drive back to Boston for their overnight flight back to the UK. They have worked incredibly hard whilst here - I imagine they will sleep for a week when they get home.

By coincidence, it was Exile #4's second day at school - not that she starts Pre-K until September, but today was 'Popsicles and Play' - a chance to meet the children, parents and teachers who will be in Pre-K and Kindergarten next year. Since we had two qualifying children, we were there in force. The girls had a great time, E5N1 was suitably cooed over and we managed to have some conversations with other parents that the normal run of pick-up and drop-off does not allow.

We had a nice day in general, marred by one incident which will require a transatlantic apology. Sigh.

After the girls went to bed I managed to repeat my pre-E5N1 feat of swimming half a mile in single 20/25 minute session. I was very pleased to know I could still do it, hopefully I can get back in the swing of going regularly and regain my pre-birth figure!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!