Monday, June 25, 2007

Day 166: Uncovered?

On Saturday, we had two letters from our medical insurance company telling us that because they had not received any, or had only received partial responses to their requests for 'further information' about a claim, they had processed it and decided that they were not going to pay. Great. I tried to call them but of course I had to wait until today (Monday) to actually talk to someone.

The problem dates back to their enquiries about who insured the girls' health before Exile Day 0 when this policy started. Well, before that the girls were very well looked after by the NHS, so the answer does not fit easily into their systems. Anyway, on May 11th I explained this and was told that everything would now be paid.

So, today I called them and was told that indeed, the claims had been 're-routed' on May 11th, and:

1) The letter doesn't mean that they have refused the claim, just that it is outstanding. Er, no actually, it clearly states that the claim has been processed and that they are providing 'no benefit'.

2) The letter is generated automatically by the computer and they 'have no way of telling it that they have re-routed the claim'. They have no way of communicating with their computer?

The person I spoke to seemed not to understand why I was slightly upset to have received, not just a letter telling me that my children have no insurance coverage for anything that might be classed as an ongoing condition, but that it was my fault for not responding to something. Sigh. All's well that ends with the bank balance intact I suppose.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!