We followed these instructions (basically). Here is our show-and-tell:
- Punching balloon hung from the kitchen ceiling. First layer of (black-and-white) newspaper and flour/water paste.
- With completed second layer (coloured newspaper).
- With third layer (black-and-white again) and cut-out and reversed disk to form the laser dish.
- Covered in grey tissue paper strips. We joked about using the perfectly coloured duck tape instead - I think that might have beaten even the most enthusiastic party guest!
- Finishing touches. Our spray glitter was a bit too close in colour to the background so we added some detail with paint. Not perfect, but still quite satisfying.
- Hanging in the basement until the party - looking slightly ominous and causing us to start singing the Imperial March every time we go down there.