Monday, May 28, 2007

Day 138: Memorial Day

This morning we all went to see a local Memorial Day Parade. We were amazed how many people were there when we arrived about 20 minutes before it was due to start. We were near the mid-way point and we waited about 40 minutes before the parade started passing us and about another 40 before it finished passing.

There were several bands (this was the first), war veterans, police officers, fire fighters, school groups, scouts, guides, sports clubs, classic cars, inexplicable elderly men in go-carts...

Many were giving out 'candy' as they passed, which was quite satisfactory for Exile #3 and Exile #4 as you can imagine.

The rest of the day has been spent getting ready for my trip tomorrow. I had been thinking I was leaving later in the day, so my 10 am flight caught me by surprise when I checked my itinerary. I apologise in advance if there is a break in normal service - I plan to keep posting whilst away but time and IT will have to be on my side.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!