Friday, August 29, 2008

Day 1.231: Gifts traverse afar

My parents arrived here today with these greatly appreciated gifts - the now customary donation to the toothpaste stocks and some things for the over 7's*!

Mincemeat is hard to find here - so much so that it has become a joke that no-one even knows what it is.

There is a grocery store advert on the radio that starts like this:

High gas prices are making mincemeat of my household budget - I don't even know what mincemeat is, but I bet the price is through the roof...

This evening was the triumphant (in my opinion anyway) return of Rock Band night - hopefully our greatly jet-lagged visitors were not too much disturbed by it (or if they were will get a good night's sleep now that we've shut up).

We ended the night with the song that caused the demise of the Legendary-aspirations of Electric of Nouns - hopefully Exile #2 and I will also get a good nights sleep and won't wake up from nightmares of nearly-endless songs stopping 90% of the way through after the continuous bass-guitar riffing made mincemeat of my fingers.


* Legal Note: all the over 7's in the household are over 21. I wouldn't like anyone to think I am soft on under-age consumption of mincemeat. Alcohol is a different matter as we know.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!