Saturday, May 26, 2012

Day 5.137: Feeding time at the museum

My day started with a seventeen mile run. My heels were a bit sore afterwards so I was trying to work out if there was something wrong inside my shoes. Exile #2 said, "Maybe you should just not be surprised that you're a bit sore after running seventeen miles?!" Maybe she has a point.

Anyway, Exile #2's parents suggested we should visit one of the kids' favourite places, so we drove over to Pittsfield to the Berkshire Museum.

Before going to the museum (even though it was open this time), we decided to have an early lunch at our newly favourite Pittsfield cafe. Once again there was live music, once again both food and music were rather good. Today's artist was fifteen year-old Katherine Winston accompanied by her Dad on the guitar (kids these days..!). Seriously though, she has a lovely voice - although her youtube channel doesn't really do it justice.

After that, we arrived at the museum in time for feeding time in the aquarium.


I'm sorry I didn't have my good camera to hand - especially for the chameleon - his tongue was something else!

We spent quite a bit of time in the rest of the museum too. E5N1 has been studying Egypt at preschool, so he was excited to see the real mummy on display and the kids liked dressing up and making an approved racket - as ever!


And now it's time for me to give my slightly sore feet the rest they deserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!