Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 5.128: Auction Pictures

Albaniana asked me if I'd be willing to bring my camera to the auction she has been helping with this evening.  I'm not completely comfortable taking on photography commissions, but she assured me it was to give some of the young artists a feel of the event they had donated their artwork to, so of course I was happy to help.

I took lots of pictures and at a first glance I seem to have a few nice shots and a reasonable overview of the event, so hopefully everyone will be happy with them.

I joked early in the evening that it was just as well I was occupied with the camera, because otherwise I'd probably end up spending much too much on buying artwork.  "I'm a sucker for this sort of thing," were my exact words I think.  Towards the end, I shuffled over to the desk to pay my $2 for a bidding number and ended up buying three lots.

So, here are two groups of small paintings from the Dominican Republic and a lovely painting from Russia which were sold in America to a British guy in aid of building a school in Uganda:


Now that is about as international as it comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!