Saturday, March 29, 2008

Day 1.078: Whirled in white

Enough snow fell between 7 pm and 7 am for me to shovel the driveway again this morning - although the girls helped this time. We'd actually gone out to build a snowman, but the morning was too cold for the snow to stick together - Exile #4 and I did a bit of sledding too - I hadn't expected to do any more of that this end of the year. This afternoon was not good snowman weather either - it has been warm and sunny enough for a good proportion of the snow to have melted.

The rest of the day was spent with chores around the house. While I was away Exile #2 had bought a chest of drawers for Exile #3's room and the beneficiary helped me put it together. I also took all the kids on a short shopping trip to buy picture frames and our tea while Exile #2 had a quiet moment. After being quite ill for a lot of the day (even though we did have a good night's sleep), she seems much revived this evening.

It's pop pun 51 for title watchers: ...this is the golden age, and gold is the reason for the wars we wage.

I thought it was oil. And, yes, I am either 77 or 87 days late on this one.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!