Friday, March 28, 2008

Day 1.077: That Spring thing


I woke up to this today. Clear, sunny - even warm. I had a reasonable day - a morning at work and then a drive to the airport. The roads around Washington DC are the closest to UK driving I've experienced here. Well, as close to UK driving as you can get on six-lanes-each-way highways. Busy, fast, slightly ill-tempered. Anyway, I made it in good time for my flight even after a delay while I looked for fuel for my rental car. I'm sure the planning authorities get a cut of the overpriced fuel sales from the rental companies in exchange for refusing to allow any gas stations on the approaches to the drop-off points. My flight back was a little late but nothing too troubling. It was absolutely full, but I was fortunate to end up having an interesting discussion about art with a graphic design student who was studying for a history of art course.

So anyway - this was in my car at one end of the flight:



And this is my car at the other end. Most of this snow ended up in the car's trunk - which I had to open to get my snow clearing tool out. I then had to scoop it out with my bare hands - ouch.

And after ushering the girls to bed I did this:



Exile #2 is sick (as quite possibly is Exile #3). I'm hoping for a good night's sleep, but...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Is The Exile planning on staring in his own 'Nooma' video? Hope you did your neighbours as well?!

    A&N

    ReplyDelete
  2. No - taking the lead from Mr Bell, I try to let my neighbours clear mine while I talk about dusty yokes.

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!