Monday, March 10, 2008

Day 1.060: Tax and spent

Here's an update on the last of the current batch of snow. I wonder if will be the last of the season? We are just a week away from it being 4 months since my first snow report of this winter and it is more than three months since our first real covering.

Today New York is in the news thanks to the presumed-to-be-imminent resignation of Governor Eliot Spitzer (another case of the missing 'L'). The last one to do so was Nelson Rockefeller, who having presided over the demolition and concreting of large parts of Albany, went on to become Gerald Ford's Vice President. Not a post that our present Governor can now hope to attain I suspect.

Tomorrow, I am planning to try and get my tax forms filled in. Having to dovetail records from two countries with out-of-step tax years is not exactly simple. Hopefully I can at least get all the information I have into the right places on the forms. Whether that will be all I need to do is another question.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hm.. Guess it depends what kind of 'vice' you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. Also, I've heard people saying that if he resigns he'll be replaced by a loo-tenant governor - don't they pay him enough to get an apartment?

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!