Sunday, April 6, 2008

Day 1.086: To debasement?

In this country any noun can be used as a verb, although as Bill Watterson's Calvin (or Hobbes) put it, "Verbing weirds language". As a result the title is a suggested name for the process of getting the garden toys out of the room under the house, not a journey into ignominy.

I debasemented the tricycle and the scooter today and took the three kids (E5N1 was in the backpack) down the road to see S run by. Meanwhile Exile #2 baked muffins which we ate when the post-run S, T and J (whose first birthday was yesterday) came to visit. I just looked back at the post from a year ago - when in retrospect I didn't hide well that we 'knew' E5N1 was a girl. We tempted both S and T into a sampling of Rock Band - I think we have a 100% record of surprising people by how much fun it is.

I led the discussion at our church gathering again today - it was a bit more free-form than last week, and everyone seemed a bit tired - I suspect that all this fresh air is a bit of a shock to the system for everyone.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!