For the last few weeks I've been running a little over 50 miles a week. This is how I do it:
(example data from the week before last)
- I run five times a week. Sunday is a blessed lie-in without running or work to get up for!
- In the week I start my runs early - before dawn these days.
- I don't spend any time naming my 'activities'!
- That Saturday was a marathon pace run (14 of the 18.5 miles at goal marathon pace) - I don't run most of my long runs that fast.
- I get to consume more than 5000 extra calories without gaining weight!
The upsides are: I get to consume more than 5000 extra calories each week without gaining weight (did I mention that?), I'm getting a lot fitter and...oh yes...I hope to have a good marathon in a few weeks!