Monday, December 16, 2013

Day 6.340: Running in an autumn wonderland

Yes - I managed to run this morning. I think my Yaktrax have had more outings so far this year (with a few days to go before winter's official appearance) than in the previous years put together. They may not have more snow here, but it seems to hang around more.

Not that I'm complaining - the snow-blowers had cleared this trail and some of the sidewalks making them easily passable, if not quite ideal underfoot. The plows had thrown up snow-banks (up to six feet tall) in unexpected places turning the city streets into an early-morning maze - but I found my way around them to have a pretty good run.

And, once the sun started to rise, a glorious view.


Tomorrow, I expect to wake to single-digit temperatures, and it will probably be snowing again by the end of the day.  I wonder what winter will be like when it arrives at the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!