Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 4.062: Tired and emotional

I probably would feel like I deserved a drink today, but that's not what I meant.

It's been a difficult day for all of us.  Dealing with jet-lag and post-trip tiredness combined with the shock of the reality of what I was so close to and the ongoing news from Japan has made us all a bit snippy with each-other.

I don't want to overstate my experiences and so belittle the real tragedies unfolding for so many other families, but my little brush with this event had certainly brought it home for me.

This picture is just a normal view of suburban Tokyo taken on Thursday afternoon.  These buildings are quite a way from the devastation caused by the tsunami and were likely not significantly affected materially by the earthquake.  In fact, the time I was closest to the epicenter was the time I spent at the airport in both directions - including the hours I spent there on Friday afternoon.  I'm sure however that all the residents of the nation have been deeply affected by the events and still have the unfolding nuclear crisis to contend with.  My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Tomorrow will be the time to try and regain some normality but first - hopefully - a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!