Friday, January 18, 2008

Day 1.008: I get knocked down...

I had a rough day today. I spent most of it nursing a headache, and when the drugs finally kicked in I was completely wiped out. Soon after getting home I discovered that when I dropped my new camera it had not come out of it unscathed and was now only partially functional. Exile #2 was feeling ill and tired and all the church folk were coming round for craft/pizza/video gaming evening. I was not in a good place.

In between getting home and getting cross, E5N1 tried to roll off his changing mat, but because he was strapped in he just rolled it over on top of himself and disappeared underneath it. I thought it worthy of a picture - Exile #2 said, "He's got the strap around his neck!" He was fine - and 'around' was more like 'across' but I take her point - maybe I shouldn't make my children suffer for my art.

Anyway in being forced to be a host for the evening I mostly forgot about my sick camera and enjoyed some Guitar Hero. Later, the oldies got a look-in on the Wii - hooked up to the church video projector - Boxing was the order of the day - I now fear that my victories may have been bought at the cost of more muscle strain to add to that from my skiing on Wednesday.

...but I get up again. Everyone just left and I have managed to get the camera working properly again - phew.

You're never gonna keep me down.

PPPQ results:
Winner was regular contributor A with a heroic 74/80.
Honourable mention to locals grinned who claimed to have run out of time and only submitted answers to 25 of them - scoring 45/50.
The international field was the strongest ever this year - congratulations and thanks to all.

The ones no-one solved were:
Day 197: (I'm a) smart rug (I take it you want to feel good? I take it you want to feel smart?)
From the wonderful if rather obscure Blue Aeroplanes - (I'm a) Smart Drug.

Day 242: They're melting in the show (you're just a breath away)
The lyrics in question can be found here. (show = snow). All About Eve - In the Clouds (which we were as you could sort-of see!)

Also, nobody recognised that the Shadows in the Rain on Day 220: Wait wait, what is the key in? were from The Dream of the Blue Turtles by Sting, and not the Police version.

Well done A, I'll be in contact about your prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!