Saturday, March 31, 2012

Day 5.081: A tale of three injuries

We've spent the day in some fairly intensive DIY efforts in the kitchen but I'm happy to say that despite wielding some power-tools, none of the injuries occurred there.

No - this is a running update. As you may recall, my last update covered some rather good running in December and January including my half-marathon on New Year's Day.

Things have not gone quite so well in February and March.


 At a glance, February might look OK, but the distances dipped in the middle of the month when I had a problem with runner's knee.  Several of those short runs involved limping home.  I started doing some resistance work to build up my thigh muscles and that seemed to be going well until March 7th when I overextended doing some lunges.

I didn't feel anything particularly at the time, but by the time I started my run on the 8th I realised that my right calf was not right.  Of course, looking back the week and a half it took to get back to running doesn't look too bad.  It was by far the longest break since I started running in September.

So it was that I started ramping up my miles - hoping for a happy ending to March, but that was stopped short by some severe arch-pain in my right foot.  It's still too early to be sure, but I ran yesterday and aim to run again tomorrow and hopefully, with some shoe-inserts and caution I can get back onto a steadier footing.  Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!