Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day 5.079: Walking on broken glass

I was just about to leave work when Exile #2 called me, "Have you seen facebook?"  I hadn't.  It was news from our friends that their apartment building was on fire.

So, I went over there to see what I could do to help.

The sidewalk and the inside of the front of their apartment were scattered with broken glass.  The fire department had smashed the windows and broken in their door to gain access so the place was a mess, but everyone in the building was fine.


Our friends are staying with us tonight - in our own partially dismantled house. Suddenly the inconvenience of being without a kitchen seems a small matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!