Friday, December 7, 2012

Day 5.332: Don't rain on the parade!

After work today I made it home just in time to head out to the Holiday Parade and Tree Lighting.

Did you detect that we left almost as soon as I walked in the door. Did you guess that the rush made me forget to do something?  Well, yes. I didn't pick up a camera or even my phone.

When we got back, I made the family stand in the rain on the driveway so I could take this:


Good high-visibility clothing demonstration there.

Anyway, although it was indeed raining for much of the day (including when the photo was taken), it actually stopped during the parade and we had a very nice time. If you'd like help to visualise it you can check the posts from 2010, 2009 and 2007 when I did take some kind of camera.  We saw some friends and acquaintances and, since we ended up still standing there when the line had dwindled, the kids chatted to Santa with varying degrees of excitement - Exile #3 and her 5th Grade friend were wonderfully cool about it - but not quite too cool to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!