Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day 1.130: Bugged - Screened

We have become people who never answer the phone. This is not completely true of course - but not a bad approximation. The reason? Rampant tele-sales and charity calls.

The charity calls are the worst - they give you their blurb followed by "So, [my name said like I'm your friend], can we count on your support this year?". "No I'm afraid not, sorry." "We're not asking for much [another sincere name check], think of the [sick-children/victims of crime/other genuinely needy bunch]...". "No, thank you. Goodbye."

It's not that I don't care about these groups. It's not that I'm not willing to give to charity. Far from it. But don't cold-call me at home in the evening. I'm not buying. Whatever it is. I'm not buying.

Now, unless I'm fooled by your caller-ID, I'm not even answering.

Wow, I've been ranting a lot recently - sorry. As you can see E5N1 is on his feet at the slightest provocation, but still showing little sign of actually walking. He has developed a wickedly fast crawl though and his standing-up means that he is trashing a whole new level of the house. I said to Exile #2 today that he is going to be trouble. "What do you mean 'going to be'?" Fair point. He's already trouble, but just so cute with it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Might I suggest for the spam phone calls... the do not call registry. www.donotcall.gov Ever since we signed up for it we don't get any spam phone calls. And if one does squeak by I just politely tell them 'This number is on the do not call registry.. please make sure to remove it from your list' ... Makes life a little bit nicer.

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!