Friday, May 30, 2008

Day 1.139: Eye strain

Today started with bad news from the UK - one of my uncles had died following a short and sudden illness. If we were there there would be little if anything I could do. From here, it's the same thing but more so. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife, children, sister and brother and all who loved him.

This is another picture from our visit to Storm King on Day 1.134 - also sculpture free. Don't strain your eyes trying to make sense of it.

I went to the opticians for probably the first time ever today - I think the only other eye-tests I've had have been at school or when applying on two continents for a licence to drive. It turns out that my eyesight is fine which is a relief but also means that my increased frequency of headaches recently is unexplained. It may be allergies - it seems that Spring's rapid arrival and continued verve causes quite a few problems for the pollen-sensitive residents - maybe including me.

There was no ice, but it's more of a land-train than a tram (which is what they called it).
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!