Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 2.214: New arrivals

One of E5N1's first friends, J - born a few days before him - became a big brother this week. Congratulations to him and his parents S and T. This picture is not of any of them.

It is, in fact, me and one of my two big sisters - at a few weeks old. This post is not about my arrival.

The photo - along with more than 1400 others - arrived this evening with my parents from the UK. They are the fruit of my Dad's slide-digitisation project. Exile #2 and I have been browsing them for the last hour or more since Mum and Dad went to bed - they stayed up laudably late. Hopefully their grandchildren will let them sleep to an equally civilised time in the morning.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your dad's digitisation project. I am trying to encourage my dad to do the same so that my sisters and I don't have to deal with all the slides in the future. His last Christmas present from us all was a slide scanner but I think it's still boxed up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well maybe Dad will comment himself, but I think it's safe to say that he's thoroughly enjoyed the process and been pleasantly surprised by the speed of his progress. He started when we were in the UK in April.

    There are still his Dad's slides and a load of print film negatives waiting though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have certainly enjoyed seeing all the slides again and making them more accessible to the rest of the family. After the first few attempts, the process was straightforward too.

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!