Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Day 1.312: Didoe but Dodi?

Yesterday morning these two deer were in our back yard apparently sleeping or at least very stationary. I suspect they must have spent at least part of the night there - maybe celebrating the start of the hunting season by staying close to residential property.

I think it's time to call an end to the name game after a set of fine punning answers including some extremely Exilic pop punning and a couple of valiant attempts at the trivial answers.

Here is the list I was looking for (although you all gave me what I was hoping for - a smile and some evidence that someone still reads this nonsense!):

Georgia - George II
Louisiana - Louis XIV
Maryland - Henrietta Maria, Queen consort to Charles I
North Carolina & South Carolina - Charles I
Pennsylvania - William Penn
Virginia & West Virginia - Queen Elizabeth I (the virgin queen)
Washington - George Washington
Delaware - Thomas West (3rd Baron De La Warr)
California - Queen Califia

Not an Indiana or Montana in sight I'm afraid.

Thanks to y'all for playing.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!