Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 3.102: Idiom addict

After a busy day at work, I dashed up to the school for the annual all-school Shakespeare performance. This was our fourth one.

Both the girls did Shakespearean-idiom-related performances. Exile #4's whole class did a piece entitled 'A feast fit for a king' and Exile #3's line in her class's multiple-idiom extravaganza was 'I think he's a little tongue-tied'. The older kids had a go at The Tempest and did a rather good ten-minute version of Romeo and Juliet. I know it was ten minutes because they told us it would be in the prologue - Willm.'s version professes to be two hours.

All in all very satisfactory. Shame I found myself camera-less apart from my phone, but maybe that allowed me to appreciate it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!