Monday, October 5, 2009

Day 2.268: In black and white

One of the things I've learned as a result of living in this part of the world is to recognise the smell of a skunk. Generally I smell it while I an driving - usually just after or just before I see a small black and white road-kill victim. Today was a bumper commute - one on the way and two on the way back. I don't mind the smell in moderation. And thanks to Alice Sebold's book "The Lovely Bones", which I read recently, I know I am not the only one.

However, Exile #2 noticed that there is a fairly strong smell of skunk in the garage this evening. It may be that my car had a close encounter with a live one on the way home from work this evening. It will need further investigation tomorrow I imagine - the smell is not known for disappearing quickly.

By the way - the black and white animal pictured is a baby giant panda and not a skunk nor if I'm completely honest is it in fact a panda or indeed an animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!